Improve on the functionality of existing magnet control with STEINERT
11 February 2015
STEINERT manufacture a range of tramp removal magnets in a variety of sizes to suit various recovery applications. Traditionally a transformer-rectifier converts AC to DC current to power the magnets. STEINERT MagDrive - using DC drives and HMI technology - is the latest innovation to replace the existing transformer rectifier control cabinets.
Via a dedicated R&D team STEINERT have developed a new way of controlling these magnets, allowing for a faster more flexible process of the ‘powering up’ (and down) of electromagnets.
The complicated ‘dump’ process of permanent retention magnets is now a thing of the past. The task can now be completed with solid-state switching and software – automatically. It cannot be tampered with, which makes it infinitely safer.
Why the MagDrive will work for you:-
- The installation of the HMI and DC drives can increase performance and reliability
- Magnetic field strength can be adjusted “on-the-fly”
- Ongoing local and global service support
- More accurate capabilities through modernisation of magnet control
- Time to reach full magnet strength has been reduced dramatically
- Touchscreen now allows fully-automated adjusting of field strength and trends temperatures and current
Find out more or call to arrange for a demonstration on +61 3 8720 0800